solved machine has no arcs

bespoke

Aktiver Benutzer
Landesflagge
A really long time ago I built a optical inspection machine. It has been gathering dust for 15 years, so I decided to toss the optics and bolt on a cutting head. The issue is that optical inspection doesn't need to ever move in arcs. No G02 and G03. I can fake linear motion by setting each X & Y stage to the appropriate ratios of acceleration, distance, and velocity, but I have no idea how to deal with arcs. Is it possible to disable arcs in the g-code and have dxf2gcode only use linear motions?

Hi,
yes that's possible. Just check the postprocessor settings on the page "software configuration". There you will find the option to do so.
regards
Christian

I see an option for 'only counterclockwise arcs' and another for 'maximum arc radius'. I don't see one to not use arcs at all. Would I set the maximum arc radius to zero?

Py3.10.7 PyQt5.15.7: $Revision: ea806256290acd618583f25d449c731b404dc3b5 $
Last change: $Date: Mon Sep 25 13:57:11 2017 +0200
I have many fond memories of 2017. This is the version that is in the Ubuntu repositories. Is there an Ubuntu-style PPA or a Debian package built anywhere? I would rather leverage that effort first if it available, rather than building from source.

Did you try the latest one of the sourceforge network. It might have found It's way in there already. If not, you need to wait ...

regards
Christian

Asked about why Ubuntu is so out of date:
In actuality, the current version is 20191025-2 from Debian synced into Lunar during a time period of which between 2018-04-24 the package was last updated and now a newer update made in November of 2022.

"dusty" only applies to where the version is the older 20190925-4 version from 2018, and during the time between 2018 and 2022 the package remained in ubuntu because it was synced from Unstable and did not get updated then.

There remains cases that this package is not maintained consistently in Debian namely due to the fact that upstream doesn't seem to regularly produce code versions for updating. If you need the newer version you might want to consider updating to the 23.04 release when it's out. Otherwise you'll have to stick with the 2017 package version that is available in the version of Ubuntu you are using.
So, a more up-to-date version is in the unstable branch and working it's way into the next release.

Benutzer welche diesen Thread betrachten (Mitglieder: 0, Gäste: 1)

Wer hat diesen Thread gelesen

Zurück
Oben