unsolved Overcut with drag knife / vinyl cutter

Samon

Aktiver Benutzer
Landesflagge
Is there any way to add additional 'overcut' to the cutting path? I find that the cut often misses a tiny section at the start/end of the piece, which is generally not an issue on bigger elements, but for small/fine detail section (e.g. small text, shapes, etc) this makes weeding difficult as the small detail gets pulled away with the surrounding vinyl. I have got the tool diameter dialed in (radius = 0.3mm, start_radius = 0) to get nice sharp corners, and for larger items this is working fantastic, but I'm having trouble with incomplete cuts on small pieces (to be fair, this may very well be an issue on the larger pieces as well, just that the larger vinyl piece is strong enough to break the last piece when weeding).

For a very simple example, say I have a 2mm diameter circle being cut out of a sheet of adhesive vinyl. This looks great visually, but when attempting to weed the final product it is apparent that the cut is only 99% of the way around, with a tiny 'tag' (and I mean 'tiny' - it's barely visible to the naked eye) attaching it to the surrounding material, so the small piece (think the 'dot' on the top of the letter 'i', for example) is peeled up with the surrounding vinyl. This may be to do with the angle of the blade or the offset of the cutting tip, I'm not sure.

Ideally, I'd love to just have the cutter continue past the 'end' of the cut in this instance (following the path of the object) by a small amount, effectively 'cutting' into an already cut area, to ensure that the piece is completely detached from the surrounding material. Is there an option anywhere to support this? Even a way to just have the cutting path do an additional pass over the entire piece would be fine, as long as it used a different start/end position.

Benutzer welche diesen Thread betrachten (Mitglieder: 0, Gäste: 1)

Wer hat diesen Thread gelesen

Zurück
Oben