solved Can't Open Any dxf Files

KryBaby

Aktiver Benutzer
Landesflagge
I can't open any dxf files. (Even sample dxf from source code files.) The app tries to process the files yet never draws a figure.

Installed with apt-get install dxf2gcode. Tried unsuccessfully to do command line install with GitHub - ltspicer/dxf2gcode.linux.installer: Installer script for Linux users (Debian based -- Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, etc.). Tested on Linux Mint MATE, Debian GNOME & Lubuntu (LXDE)

kubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Python 3.8.10

The following warnings are shown when run from the command line

desktop:~$ dxf2gcode
Creating configuration window
Creating configuration window
File: /home/hps/Downloads/dxf2gcode/1997_simplified_doppelte_linien.dxf selected
Loading file: /home/hps/Downloads/dxf2gcode/1997_simplified_doppelte_linien.dxf
Reading DXF Structure
Creating Contours of Entities
Loaded layers: 1
Loaded blocks: 0
Loaded 908 entity geometries; reduced to 12 contours; used layers: [0]; number of inserts 0
Drawing units: millimeters
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/dxf2gcode/core/shape.py", line 609, in abs_iter
raise StopIteration()
StopIteration

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/dxf2gcode", line 727, in open
self.load()
File "/usr/bin/dxf2gcode", line 874, in load
self.makeShapes()
File "/usr/bin/dxf2gcode", line 922, in makeShapes
self.makeEntityShapes(self.entityRoot)
File "/usr/bin/dxf2gcode", line 996, in makeEntityShapes
tmp_shape.AnalyseAndOptimize()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/dxf2gcode/core/shape.py", line 175, in AnalyseAndOptimize
self.setNearestStPoint(Point())
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/dxf2gcode/core/shape.py", line 190, in setNearestStPoint
min_geo_nr, _ = min(enumerate(self.geos.abs_iter()),
RuntimeError: generator raised StopIteration

Welcome here to the board.
Why unsuccessfully with dxf2gcode.linux.installer?
With apt install dxf2gcode you install not the current version!
Can you post the the file 1997_simplified_doppelte_linien.dxf and the log from dxf2gcode.linux.installer please?
You can just run the installer again.
I think the problem is here:
Code:
Bitte, Anmelden oder Registrieren to view codes content!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thank you very much!

I reinstalled using "dxf2gcode.linux.installer" and it seemed to go well. I received "dxf2gcode was successfully installed" in red. The log is lengthy, not informative, and available here if you wish to read it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YFuotSFv1_z1c4w-abRPzf7h1uITVYlv/view?usp=sharing

link to the dxf file: dxf2gcode / SourceCode / [e6eddf] /dxf/1997_simplified_doppelte_linien.dxf

Steps:
1. downloaded from GitHub - ltspicer/dxf2gcode.linux.installer: Installer script for Linux users (Debian based -- Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, etc.). Tested on Linux Mint MATE, Debian GNOME & Lubuntu (LXDE) to /home/user_name/Downloads/DXF2gcode/
2. chmod of linux.installer.sh to executable
3. downloaded code from https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxf2gcode/files/latest/download
4. extracted the code
5. entered path to dxf2gcode -- home/username/Downloads/DXF2gcode/source
6. received "dxf2gcode was successfully installed" in red
7. received the following warning after running "dxf2gcode" from the command line.
"/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/dxf2gcode-2022_02_26-py3.8.egg/dxf2gcode/core/pocketmove.py:84: SyntaxWarning: 'str' object is not callable; perhaps you missed a comma?
/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/dxf2gcode-2022_02_26-py3.8.egg/dxf2gcode/core/pocketmove.py:84: SyntaxWarning: 'str' object is not callable; perhaps you missed a comma?"
8. also received "The configuration file version (9.10) doesn't match the software expected (9.11). You have to delete (or carefully edit) the configuration file "/home/username/.config/dxf2gcode/config/config.cfg" to solve the problem" message pop-up box.
9. removed the "config.cfg" file.
10. ran "dxf2gcode" from cmdline
11. received pop-up to remove /.config/dxf2gcode/postpro_config/postpro_config.cfg
12. removed the file
13. ran "dxf2gcode"
14. SUCCESSFULLY OPENED "1997_simplified_doppelte_linien.dxf" HOOT!

Thank you for the prompt response!

I believe the difficulties of the previous install might be related to a typographical error in when the script request a path to the source code. I then ran the script in sudo and this probably confused the script interpretation of the correct path to install files. Or maybe the apt-get left some legacy files even though dxf2gcode was uninstalled.

Because you ran the script with sudo, some libraries were made root-only.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I think it is, but have not really tested the latest install yet.

Can I change the status to solved?

I think I saw somewhere a link to where I can donate/contribute to dxf2gcode project. Is there a link?

Benutzer welche diesen Thread betrachten (Mitglieder: 0, Gäste: 1)

Wer hat diesen Thread gelesen

Zurück
Oben